Book on our Southgate or Seymour package for 2020 and receive a free afternoon tea for four people at the hotel. For new weddings only.
Your initial contact must be made through Guides for Brides. Terms & conditions
Type of Ceremony
Civil ceremony license
Humanist / Celebrant weddings
BBQ & Hog Roasts
One wedding per day
Live music permitted
Onsite car parking
What Our Couples Love
- All-inclusive packages and bespoke packages available too
- Complimentary deluxe room on the Night of your Wedding and discounted hotel rates for your guests
- Located near the historical yet fully equipped city centre
- Dedicated wedding planner to help you through your journey and answer any questions you may have
- Fitness gym and swimming pool on-site which hotel wedding residents are welcome to use
- Able to accommodate both large and intimate parties of up to 150 people.
- Seymour suite can hold up to 120 people and hosts it's own private bar and terrace
- Build your own wedding package available for couples who want something personalised and tailored to them
- Packages can include as much or as little as you want meaning you can shop around for additional suppliers or leave it mostly up to us to book for you.
Mercure Exeter Southgate Hotel wedding deal
A £2800 wedding with our late availability package for 2019!
Book on for selected dates left in 2019 and we can offer you our late availability package for just £2800.00! An all-inclusive package featuring your ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception with a DJ!
Terms and conditions
Contact Emma, our wedding co-ordinator for available dates and terms and conditions. New weddings only.
About Mercure Exeter Southgate Hotel
Get married in the enchanted city of Exeter, surrounded by the historic Exeter wall, blossom trees and a stone throw from the Cathedral where the most stunning pictures are to be had.
Let us make your ceremony magical, with floor to ceiling windows surrounding our orangery or an option to have a blessing outside on your own private terrace.
Let us host your wedding breakfast in our reception room, with its own private terrace, being the perfect location to enjoy your arrival drinks and canapes and even hold a BBQ or Hog Roast.
Make sure you really make a weekend of it with 154 bedrooms, an indoor swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and plenty of private dining space we really are the ideal venue.
We would love to show you around welcoming you with a glass of fizz in hand.
'Our wedding day at the Mercure Exeter Southgate Hotel on the 6th October 2018 was amazing! It was a very special day that we will treasure forever. A big thank you to the staff who supported us on our wedding planning journey and also on the big day. All the guests commented on what a happy and well organised event the wedding was. The food was delicious, the staff were very friendly and accommodating and the room looked great. Nothing was too much trouble and the whole day flowed smoothly. I would recommend this venue to any couples looking for a place to get married."
Kati and Izzy (Mrs & Mrs Needham)