Type of Ceremony
Civil ceremony license
One wedding per day
Live music permitted
What Our Couples Love
- Old Palace Chester’s location, elevated above the riverfront and in the heart of historic Chester, makes it a truly unique place to say ‘I do’.
- Authentic touches combined with elegant contemporary décor give this incredible palace an awe-inspiring style.
- Old Palace Chester boasts stunning backdrops throughout, from the grand staircase to the idyllic gardens and even along the waterfront.
- The finest wedding food will make your day a delight. From delectable canapés to exciting evening food, the talented chefs can cater to any taste.
- Whether you’re soaking up the summer sun on the terrace or mingling in the reception rooms in winter, this venue is perfect in every season.
- There’s room in the palace for you and plenty of guests to spend the night in the highest levels of luxury.
Special Guides for Brides offers
Old Palace Chester wedding deal
Old Palace Chester Venue and Catering Offers
Old Palace Chester is currently giving you the chance to save 25% on your venue hire fee. Simply book any available wedding date in 2020 and save money today!
Old Palace Chester’s expert on-site catering team are currently offering a fantastic opportunity to save on 2020 wedding dates too.
The more guests you invite, the bigger the saving you make on all food and drink packages, with up to £45 off per guest!
Many key dates still available
To find out more about how you could save, give Old Palace Chester a call on 01244 564380.
Terms and conditions
*Not available to previously confirmed bookings. Discount amount for food and drink offer is dependent on the number of confirmed daytime guests and is deducted from your final balance. Offer is inclusive of VAT.
About Old Palace Chester
An unrivalled riverside location, remarkable history and palatial grandeur make Old Palace Chester an unmissable venue in the heart of the city. This magnificent building is set to become the premier exclusive use wedding venue in Chester.
Once open, become part of its history and celebrate your special day in the most exceptional way.
Start your day in the inviting Morning Room, positioned above the River Room and overlooking the venue entrance so you can see your guests arrive as you put the finishing touches to your look.
The River Room at Old Palace Chester is just a few steps from the Morning Room and boasts a long aisle and almost cathedral-like atmosphere that suit the occasion perfectly.
There is no better way to celebrate your marriage than sharing a drink with your guests and Old Palace Chester provides plenty of space to do just that. Enjoy canapés and cocktails on the Garden Terrace, elevated above the riverfront, and take in the wonderful views or make full use of the lovingly restored reception rooms at the front of the palace.
When it comes to your wedding breakfast, the expert on-site catering team will make sure it is an unforgettable affair. Treat your friends and family to updated British classics or delightful dishes from around the world and enjoy a feast in the most opulent of settings. The grandeur and elegance of the Ballroom make it a fitting location for a mouth-watering meal with your nearest and dearest.
As your wedding day winds down, it’s time to enjoy The Palace Suite. It’s spacious, stylish and luxurious and offers glorious views over the river. Your guests won’t miss out either, with a number of suites throughout the house that offer the utmost comfort.
Pricing info shown in the listing summary:
Based on a typical wedding reception for 80 guests, including venue hire, wedding breakfast, drinks package and evening buffet.