What Our Couples Love
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Hall for hire
- Child focused teaching
About St Thomas, Greetland
Perhaps St Thomas, Greetland is your nearest parish church or if you have another familial connection with it, get in touch to chat about your plans for your celebration. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a particular church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. No matter your reasons for marrying in the church, we want to help you achieve your dream wedding.
Your church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.