What Our Couples Love
- Hall for hire
- Live music
- Child focused teaching
About St Michael & All Angels, Castleford
Whether St Michael & All Angels, Castleford is your family church or if you have another strong bond with it, we'd be honoured to hear from you to talk about your plans for marriage. We can help answer your questions, even if you're not sure if you qualify for a church ceremony. Couples choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons. Whether you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Reasons to choose Getting married in a church
Embarking on the journey of marriage is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for Getting married in a church or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.