What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Accessible parking
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Open Evangelical
About Ingrow: St John the Evangelist, Ingrow
Perhaps Ingrow: St John the Evangelist, Ingrow is your favoured parish church or if you have another connection with it as recognised by the church, we'd love to discuss your wedding day plans. To find out if you are able to marry in a specific church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose to marry in a church for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Find Out More About Marrying in Church
Getting married is an important step in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.