What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About The Ascension, Oughtibridge
Whether The Ascension, Oughtibridge is your nearest parish church and you want to marry here, we'd be honoured to hear from you to talk about your plans for marriage. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Drop us a line today to find out more.
Your church wedding
Embarking on the journey of marriage is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Your Vicar can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.