What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Accessible parking
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Bell ringing
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
- Modern Catholic
About All Saints, Sherburn-in-Elmet
Perhaps All Saints, Sherburn-in-Elmet is your your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your plans for your wedding day. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. people choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons, and we want to hear yours.
A Beautiful Setting For Your Big Day
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- Even if you're not hugely religious, having your wedding in a church can add an extra spiritual dimension to this important ceremony.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be a regular church-goer to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.