What Our Couples Love
- Guidebooks available
About Saint Everilda's, Everingham
Supposing that Saint Everilda's, Everingham is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love for you to get in touch to chat about your intentionsfor marriage. There are connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church,simply send us an enquiry and we'll be able to help.Couples choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons. Supposing that you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Reasons to choose a church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can make that big moment extra special:
- Even if you're not hugely religious, having your wedding in a church can add an extra spiritual dimension to this important ceremony.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.