What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Induction hearing loop
- Wheelchair accessible
- Hall for hire
- Child focused teaching
About St. Mary’s Pickersleigh
Whether St. Mary’s Pickersleigh is your favoured parish church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd be honoured to discuss your wedding day plans. To find out more about associations that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. No matter your reasons for marrying in the church, we want to help you achieve your dream wedding.
Find Out More About Marrying in Church
Marrying your partner is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- Having a spiritual blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar will help you to create a personalised ceremony for your special day, and can advise you on your upcoming marriage.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.