What Our Couples Love
- Assistance dogs welcome
About St Giles, Tytherton Kellaways
Whether St Giles, Tytherton Kellaways is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to chat about your plans for marriage. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for plenty of different reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Your church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for Getting married in a church or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.