What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Accessible parking
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Braile hymnbooks or servicebook
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Live music
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About All Saints Church (near West Swindon), Lydiard Millicent
Whether All Saints Church (near West Swindon), Lydiard Millicent is your favoured parish church or if you have another strong bond with it, we'd love to discuss your wedding day plans. To find out if you are able to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. people choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
Find Out More About Marrying in Church
Getting married is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about marrying in church that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Church venues offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be a regular church-goer to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.