What Our Couples Love
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Guidebooks available
- Introductory nurture courses available
About St Mary [The Church of Our Lady], Merevale
Whether St Mary [The Church of Our Lady], Merevale is your your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it, we'd love for you to get in touch to discuss your upcoming your wedding day. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. people choose a church wedding for plenty of different reasons. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
There are some things about a religious ceremony that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Many of the country's churches offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.