About St Mary Magdalene, Shirley
Whether St Mary Magdalene, Shirley is your family church or if you have another qualifying connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to talk about your plans for marriage. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose to marry in a church for plenty of different reasons. Whether you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can make that big moment extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar will help you to create a personalised ceremony for your special day, and can advise you on your upcoming marriage.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. The situation may be more complex if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.