What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Sign language
- Wheelchair accessible
- Guidebooks available
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About Cheylesmore - Christ Church, Cheylesmore
Perhaps Cheylesmore - Christ Church, Cheylesmore is your your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your upcoming your wedding day. To find out if you are able to marry in a specific church,simply send us an enquiry and we'll be able to help.Couples choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
A Beautiful Setting For Your Big Day
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be a regular church-goer to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.