What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Guidebooks available
- Hall for hire
- Live music
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About St Andrew, Lamesley
Perhaps St Andrew, Lamesley is your your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out more about associations that enable you to marry in a specific church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
A Beautiful Setting For Your Big Day
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.