What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Hall for hire
- Live music
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
- Open Evangelical
About St Alban Windy Nook, Gateshead
Whether St Alban Windy Nook, Gateshead is your your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it, we'd love for you to get in touch to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out if you are able to marry in a specific church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons, and we're here to help you decide on your perfect ceremony.
Reasons to choose a church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.