What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Accessible parking
- Wheelchair accessible
About St John the Baptist, Tidebrook
Whether St John the Baptist, Tidebrook is your nearest parish church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your plans for marriage. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose to marry in a church for plenty of different reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
A Beautiful Setting For Your Big Day
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- Having a spiritual blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar will help you to create a personalised ceremony for your special day, and can advise you on your upcoming marriage.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.