What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
- Hall for hire
- Child focused teaching
About Sutton New Town, St Barnabas, Sutton
Perhaps Sutton New Town, St Barnabas, Sutton is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd be honoured for you to get in touch to chat about your plans for marriage. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in a particular church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose to marry in a church for all sorts of reasons. Drop us a line today to find out more.
Special Day, Special Place
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.