About Sheerwater: St Michael Shared Church, Sheerwater
Whether St Michael Shared Church, Sheerwater is your favourite parish church or if you have any other personal connection with it, we'd love to discuss your plans for your wedding day. To find out more about qualifying connections that allow you to tie the knot in a church that is special to you, then please see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Find out more about how a church wedding could be perfect for you.
Do you want more information about why a religious ceremony might be for you?
Marrying your partner is the most important days of your life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that make that big moment extra special:
- Getting married in a church will create a spiritual element to your ceremony as well as your future relationship. God’s blessing is the key attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your vows to each other are made in public and in the eyes of God. This can make it more meaningful and powerful.
- The Vicar has a very special position in your wedding. During the ceremony, they fuse traditions with modern life and aim to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful.
- Church venues are truly beautiful, some of the most stunning wedding venues in the nation. Two-thirds are listed buildings, the beauty speaks for itself.
- Churches can suit weddings of all sizes and also fit within your wedding them whether that is traditional or more modern.
- Church venues offer centuries of history and years of stories. You can feel as though you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives and many other couples before you.
- You can be involved in making decisions about your ceremony schedule. You can even use an online ceremony planner to inspire you initially.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the true venue to tie the knot. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having a magical atmosphere that makes marrying there particularly special.
If you're not sure if you qualify for getting married in a church or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process. Please get in touch for more information if you have been married before or are not a UK national.