What Our Couples Love
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child focused teaching
About Pyrford: St Nicholas, Pyrford
Perhaps Pyrford: St Nicholas, Pyrford is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. There are many reasons why couples choose to marry in the church. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
More Than A Wedding Venue
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Church buildings offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.
Advice for contacting Churches
Arthur has extensive expertise in identifying idyllic church locations, a crucial element to many weddings. If you are struggling to get in touch with your chosen church, Arthur recommends visiting the church as they will have their most up-to-date contact information.Venues with Churches on-site