What Our Couples Love
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child focused teaching
About Merstham, The Epiphany, Merstham
Whether Merstham, The Epiphany, Merstham is your nearest parish church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd be honoured to hear from you to discuss your intentionsfor marriage. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
More Than A Wedding Venue
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- Having a spiritual blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Church buildings offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.