What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
About Waterfall S.James and S.Bartholomew, Waterfall
Perhaps Waterfall S.James and S.Bartholomew, Waterfall is your favoured parish church or if you have another legally-recognised connection with it, get in touch to talk about your upcoming your wedding day. To find out if you are able to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. There are many reasons why couples choose to marry in the church. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
Find Out More About a religious ceremony
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Church buildings offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for a church wedding or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.