What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Wheelchair accessible
- Hall for hire
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About The Church of the Good Shepherd, Pear Tree Estate, Rugeley
Whether The Church of the Good Shepherd, Pear Tree Estate, Rugeley is your nearest church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to discuss your wedding day plans. To find out if you are able to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. There are many reasons why couples choose to marry in the church, and we want to hear yours.
Find Out More About Marrying in Church
Marrying your partner is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about marrying in church that add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for a church wedding or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.