What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About Tamworth S.Francis, Leyfields, Leyfields
Whether Tamworth S.Francis, Leyfields, Leyfields is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, get in touch to chat about your upcoming marriage. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose to marry in a church for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Your church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.