What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Modern Worship
About St Peter's Church, Drayton Bassett
Whether St Peter's Church, Drayton Bassett is your nearest church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to discuss your wedding day plans. To find out if you are able to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Find Out More About a religious ceremony
Marrying your partner is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for Getting married in a church or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.