What Our Couples Love
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Guidebooks available
About St John the Baptist, Slitting Mill
Whether St John the Baptist, Slitting Mill is your nearest church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to chat about your upcoming marriage. To find out if you are able to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a religious setting for plenty of different reasons, and we want to hear yours.
Reasons to choose a church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
If you're not sure if you qualify for a church wedding or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.