What Our Couples Love
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
- Central, broad church, vestments
About Saint Modwen, Burton on Trent
Whether Saint Modwen, Burton on Trent is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out more about connections that qualify you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. There are many reasons why couples choose to marry in the church. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
Your church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- Having a spiritual blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Church buildings offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.