What Our Couples Love
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
About St James, Llangua
Whether St James, Llangua is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to chat about your plans for your wedding day. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for plenty of different reasons, and we're here to help you decide on your perfect ceremony.
Special Day, Special Place
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- Even if you're not hugely religious, having your wedding in a church can add an extra spiritual dimension to this important ceremony.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.