What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Guidebooks available
- Child focused teaching
About Shawbury S.Mary the Virgin, Shawbury
Perhaps Shawbury S.Mary the Virgin, Shawbury is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your upcoming marriage. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in a particular church,simply send us an enquiry and we'll be able to help.Couples choose to marry in a church for all sorts of reasons. Perhaps you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
More Than A Wedding Venue
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can make that big moment extra special:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Church buildings offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.