What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Guidebooks available
- Child focused teaching
About St Mary the Virgin, Long Wittenham
Whether St Mary the Virgin, Long Wittenham is your nearest parish church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd be honoured to hear from you to chat about your plans for marriage. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in a particular church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose to marry in a church for plenty of different reasons. Whether you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can make that big moment extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.