What Our Couples Love
- Baby changing facilites
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
About Elsfield St Thomas of Canterbury, Elsfield
Perhaps Elsfield St Thomas of Canterbury, Elsfield is your favoured parish church or if you have another legally-recognised connection with it, we'd love to chat about your wedding day plans. To find out more about qualifying connections that enable you to marry in a specific church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. There are many reasons why couples choose to marry in the church. Find out more about how you can too.
Find Out More About a religious ceremony
Getting married is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that make that big moment extra special:
- God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, can feel more meaningful when made in the eyes of God.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- If you've had family weddings in a local church, you can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be a regular church-goer to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.