About St Mark, Oldcotes
Supposing that St Mark, Oldcotes is your family church or if you have another qualifying connection with it, we'd be honoured to hear from you to talk about your plans for marriage. For more information about associations that enable you to marry in a particular church,simply send us an enquiry and we'll be able to help.Couples choose a church wedding for plenty of different reasons. Supposing that you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Special Day, Special Place
Embarking on the journey of marriage is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. The situation may be more complex if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.