What Our Couples Love
- Guidebooks available
About St George the Martyr, North & South Clifton
Whether St George the Martyr, North & South Clifton is your favoured parish church or if you have another legally-recognised connection with it, we'd be honoured to hear from you to talk about your plans for marriage. We can help answer your questions, even if you're not sure if you qualify for a church ceremony. Couples choose to marry in a church for plenty of different reasons. Drop us a line today to find out more.
Find Out More About Marrying in Church
Embarking on the journey of marriage is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
If you're not sure if you qualify for a church wedding or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.