What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
- Modern Catholic
About St John the Baptist, Lowick
Whether St John the Baptist, Lowick is your family church and you want to marry here, we'd love to hear from you to talk about your plans for marriage. To find out more about qualifying connections that qualify you to marry in your chosen church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose to marry in a church for plenty of different reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, can feel more meaningful when made in the eyes of God.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- You have a good amount of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of way to advise you.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.