What Our Couples Love
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Autism aware
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
- Modern Catholic
About St Anne, Ancroft
Perhaps St Anne, Ancroft is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to chat about your intentionsfor your wedding day. To find out more about qualifying connections that qualify you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. No matter your reasons for marrying in the church, we want to help you achieve your dream wedding.
Your church wedding
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that make that big moment extra special:
- God’s blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, can feel more meaningful when made in the eyes of God.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.