What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bell ringing
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
- Hall for hire
- Live music
- Guided tours
- Modern Catholic
About Castle Acre: St James the Great, Castle Acre
Whether Castle Acre: St James the Great, Castle Acre is your favoured parish church or if you have another reason to want to marry there, we'd be honoured to chat about your wedding day plans. To find out more about connections that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. people choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Drop us a line today to find out more.
Find Out More About a religious ceremony
Embarking on the journey of marriage is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about a religious ceremony that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- Even if you're not hugely religious, having your wedding in a church can add an extra spiritual dimension to this important ceremony.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Your Vicar can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be a regular church-goer to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.