What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Wheelchair accessible
- Church open out of hours
- Live music
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Lively worship and biblical preaching
About St John's Church, Hoxton
Whether St John's Church, Hoxton is your your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to talk about your plans for your celebration. For more information about associations that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for plenty of different reasons. Drop us a line today to find out more.
A Beautiful Setting For Your Big Day
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar will help you to create a personalised ceremony for your special day, and can advise you on your upcoming marriage.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.