What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Accessible parking
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Autism aware
- Hall for hire
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
- Modern Catholic
About St Mary of Eton Hackney, Hackney Wick
Whether St Mary of Eton Hackney, Hackney Wick is your nearest church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your plans for your celebration. For more information about associations that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a church wedding for plenty of different reasons, and we're here to help you decide on your perfect ceremony.
A Beautiful Setting For Your Big Day
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, can feel more meaningful when made in the eyes of God.
- Your Vicar can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.