'St. Benedict's Church is situated at the heart of Scrivelsby Estate, adjacent to Scrivelsby Walled Garden. It dates from the 13th Century and contains a host of historic artefacts relating to the Dymoke family, Champions to the Sovereign.
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Our Vicar, Andrew Roberts, has a very particular role to play in your wedding. He can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship you develop with the Andrew, your wedding can be made personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful.
- St. Benedict's offers outstanding beauty. It is Grade 2* listed, and is in a stunning setting.
- It offers centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying here.
- You will be involved in making choices about your ceremony. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you would like to know more about marrying in St. Benedict's, or having your marriage blessed please contact Church Secretary, Gail Dymoke, on 01507 522337.'