What Our Couples Love
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Hall for hire
- Live music
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About Nanpantan: St Mary-in-Charnwood, Loughborough
Perhaps Nanpantan: St Mary-in-Charnwood, Loughborough is your nearest parish church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to chat about your upcoming marriage. For more information about associations that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. No matter your reasons for marrying in the church, we want to help you achieve your dream wedding.
More Than A Wedding Venue
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Your Vicar can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.