What Our Couples Love
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
About Ellistown: St Christopher, Ellistown
Whether Ellistown: St Christopher, Ellistown is your nearest church or if you have another strong bond with it, we'd love to discuss your wedding day plans. To find out if you are able to marry in a particular church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. people choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
Find Out More About Marrying in Church
Getting married is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about marrying in church that make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Church buildings offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be a regular church-goer to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.