What Our Couples Love
- Accessible toilets
- Induction hearing loop
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Live music
About St Mary Magdalene, Ribbleton
Whether St Mary Magdalene, Ribbleton is your favoured parish church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd love to chat about your wedding day plans. To find out more about connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose to marry in a church for plenty of different reasons, and we're here to help you decide on your perfect ceremony.
Find Out More About Marrying in Church
Marrying your partner is the most important ceremony of your life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Many of the country's churches offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for Getting married in a church or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.