What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
- Open Evangelical
About St. Mark, Newtown, Wigan
Whether St. Mark, Newtown, Wigan is your family church or if you have another familial connection with it, we'd be honoured to hear from you to chat about your plans for marriage. To find out more about connections that enable you to marry in a particular church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. Couples choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons. Drop us a line today to find out more.
Reasons to choose Getting married in a church
Marrying your partner is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- No matter which venue you choose, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.