About St Mark, Eagland Hill
Perhaps, St Mark, Eagland Hill is your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it. We would love to hear from you to discuss the pending wedding. To discover if you are able to marry in a specific church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Getting married is one of the most significant days of your life, be sure you tie the knot in a beautiful church that means something to you.
Couples choose a religious setting for plenty of different reasons. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you...
- Receiving God's blessing is a huge attraction for many couples, regardless of their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church may be a wonderful place to do so.
- You can exchange meaningful vows or promises in a church. These vows, made in public, will help bind your relationship to enable you to stay together and grow as a couple.
- The Vicar has an important role to play at your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be tailor-made for your truly unique day, which can be incredibly emotional and meaningful.
- Many of the country's churches offer beautiful scenery to make your day incredible. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most breathtaking wedding venues, with two-thirds of our venues being listed buildings.
- You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives. Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history.
- You have lots of flexibility when planning your ceremony, and we'll be there every step of the way to support and advise you.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. There is the chance a complication might arise if one of you has been married previously, or if one of you is a foreign national, but there is the chance there may still be a way forward.
Simply get in touch and we'll be able to discuss and advise.