What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Live music
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About St John the Evangelist, Higham
Whether St John the Evangelist, Higham is your family church or if you have another legally-recognised connection with it, we'd love for you to get in touch to discuss your upcoming marriage. For more information about associations that enable you to marry in a particular church, or if you have questions, all you need to do is drop us a line. people choose a church wedding for plenty of different reasons. Whether you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
Special Day, Special Place
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are several reasons why marrying in church can make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Many of the country's churches offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.