What Our Couples Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Sign language
- Wheelchair accessible
- Hall for hire
- Introductory nurture courses available
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
- Conservative Evangelical
About St Bartholomew (Ewood), Blackburn
Whether St Bartholomew (Ewood), Blackburn is your family church and you want to marry here, we'd love for you to get in touch to discuss your upcoming marriage. To find out more about associations that qualify you to marry in a specific church,simply send us an enquiry and we'll be able to help.Couples choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how a church wedding could work for you.
Your church wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is an important factor for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Church venues offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- Marrying in a church is a true blend of meaningful and traditional.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.