About Lancaster: St Mary (The Priory), Lancaster
Whether Lancaster: St Mary (The Priory), Lancaster is your nearest church or if you have another qualifying connection with it, we'd love to hear from you to discuss your intentionsfor marriage. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in your chosen church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. people choose to marry in a church for all sorts of reasons. Whether you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
More Than A Wedding Venue
There are several reasons why marrying in church can make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Thanks to their role in the wedding, your vicar can help you create the perfect ceremony. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- There is a historical element to holding your celebration in a church, where thousands of couples before you have made their promises.
- You can personalise the ceremony to suit you. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose Getting married in a church. The situation may be more complex if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.