What Brides Love
- Induction hearing loop
- Wheelchair accessible
- Church open out of hours
- Guidebooks available
- Live music
- Introductory nurture courses available
About St Mary the Virgin, Nonington
Whether St Mary the Virgin, Nonington is your nearest church or if you have another legally-recognised connection with it, we'd love for you to get in touch to discuss your upcoming marriage. For more information about connections that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. people choose to marry in a church for plenty of different reasons. Whether you'd like to marry in this church, simply get in touch.
There are several reasons why marrying in church can make your wedding ceremony extra special:
- There is an undeniable spritual aspect to saying your vows in the eyes of God, which many couples appreciate.
- Your wedding vows, made in a church, will help you to stay together and grow together.
- Your Vicar can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made unique to you, which can be very emotional and meaningful.
- Many of the country's churches offer the chance to marry somewhere truly beautiful. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most picturesque wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Many of the country's churches offer centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for a church wedding or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.