What Our Couples Love
- Bell ringing
- Guidebooks available
- Hall for hire
- Live music
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About St. Helen's Church, Cliffe
Perhaps St. Helen's Church, Cliffe is your favoured parish church or if you have another strong bond with it, get in touch to talk about your plans for your celebration. We can help answer your questions, even if you're not sure if you qualify for a church ceremony. Couples choose a church wedding for all sorts of reasons. Drop us a line today to find out more.
Find Out More About Marrying in Church
Getting married is one of the biggest steps you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that add an extra layer of meaning to your wedding day:
- Getting married in a church will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- Many couples feel that their wedding vows are stronger as they've been performed in a sacred space.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church buildings offer a sense of historical importance and closeness to the past. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
If you're not sure if you qualify for Getting married in a church or not, then simply get in touch and we'll be able to talk you through the process.