What Our Couples Love
- Baby changing facilites
- Induction hearing loop
- Large print hymnbooks or servicebooks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child focused teaching
- Groups or activities for young people
About Pembury: St Peter (Upper Church), Pembury
Perhaps Pembury: St Peter (Upper Church), Pembury is your your chosen church and you have a strong connection with it, we'd love for you to get in touch to chat about your intentionsfor your celebration. To find out more about associations that enable you to marry in a specific church, see the Church of England's weddings web site for more details. Couples choose a religious setting for all sorts of reasons. Find out more about how you can too.
Say 'I Do' To A Church Wedding
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you'll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make this once-in-a-lifetime occasion extra special:
- God's blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs. If you'd like to add a spiritual element to your wedding ceremony, then a church could be the perfect choice for you.
- You can make meaningful marriage vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, can feel more meaningful when made in the eyes of God.
- The Vicar has a vital role to play in your wedding. They can blend classic traditions with a contemporary tone to reflect your story, giving a truly personal spin on the classic church ceremony.
- Church venues offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation's most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
- Church venues offer centuries of history. You can feel you're becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
- For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as 'peaceful', 'serene', or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been baptised and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Simply get in touch and we'll be able to advise you.